Harrisburg R-VIII School District is seeking candidates for the Board of Education. There are three, three-year terms up for the April 4, 2017 election.
FILING OPENS 8:00 A.M. DECEMBER 13, 2016. FILING CLOSES 5:00 P.M. JANUARY 17, 2017. Please note the office will be closed from December 21, 2016 until reopening for filing at 8:00 a.m. on January 3, 2017.
Qualifications for school board members are:
1. Must be a citizen of the United States.
2. Must be a resident taxpayer of the Harrisburg R-VIII School District.
3. Must have resided in the State of Missouri for one (1) year preceding the election or appointment.
4. Must be at least twenty-four (24) years of age.
5. The State of Missouri requires all candidates to complete Form 5120–Candidate’s Affidavit of Tax Payments and Bonding Requirements. This form is available in the Central Office and must be notarized.
Board members initially elected must successfully complete orientation and sixteen (16) hours of training within one (1) year of the date of election.