School Re-entry Plan Update 8-3-2020
Important Covid 19 Update
As the COVID 19 situation continues to evolve, the Harrisburg School District will continue to add safety protocols to provide the best possible learning environment. We are updating our re-entry plan with the following changes for the 20-21 school year. Parents may choose to send their children to school for an in-seat learning environment (or traditional school with safety protocols) or they may choose to use a virtual (online) learning option through the school district. A few details about each option follow:
For in-seat students who will be attending school in person:
- All faculty and staff are required to wear masks during the school day. Fall coaches and directors will use a mask after school hours when social distancing is not feasible.
- Face coverings will be expected for all students when socially distancing is not possible. Some examples include but are not limited to: riding school buses, changing classes at the secondary levels (6-12), arrival/dismissal times, and any situation deemed necessary by faculty or staff. The school will provide face coverings for any student that is unable to provide their own.
For virtual/online students:
- Virtual learning platforms for families that have decided not to attend in-seat instruction will be as follows.
- K-5 will use Mizzou Academy in conjunction with other rural county schools.
- 6-12 will be using APEX for their online curriculum.
- Students who enroll in the online option will be committed to that learning environment for the semester.
- Students in these programs are not eligible for extra-curricular activities such as band, cheerleading, or fall sports.
*These platforms are subject to change as the district continues to evaluate options.
**Families need to declare their desire for the online option by August 14 by contacting Central Office at (573) 875-5604.